Using the qBiq to monitoring the ideal temperature or humidity range in the food storage pantry or even the fridge can really help in preserving food and decreasing spoilage.
It is extremely important to keep cold food cold and hot food hot, so that your food never reaches the "temperature danger zone". This is where bacteria can grow quickly and cause food related illness.
- Keep your raw meat, poultry, fish and seafood cold. Refrigerate or freeze them as soon as you get home from the grocery store.
- Refrigerate fresh fruits and vegetables that need refrigeration when you get home. This includes all pre-cut and ready-to-eat produce.
- Make sure your refrigerator is set at 4 °C (40 °F) or lower and your freezer at -18 °C (0 °F) or lower. This will keep your food out of the temperature danger zone between 4 °C (40 °F) to 60 °C (140 °F) where bacteria can grow quickly.
- Keep your raw meat, poultry, fish and seafood separate from other food in the refrigerator at home. Do this by storing them in different containers.
- Place raw meat, poultry, fish and seafood in sealed containers or plastic bags on the bottom shelf of your refrigerator so raw juices won't drip onto other food.
Get a notification quickly and easy by configuring it for this purpose!
Notifications 15 Minutes
Report Interval 6 Hours
Samples Per Report 6
Fahrenheit (Your Choice)
High Limit 4 Degrees Celsius
Low Limit 0 Degrees Celsius
How to Configure
Firstly, go to "Configurations" from the "Settings" Mode of your qBiq view. From here, choose "Movement".
Notifications: Every 15 minutes, so you don't get aggravated during one opening and shutting of the door.
Report Interval: Report every 6 hours, to minimize battery usage. Your qBiq should last a month or so this way.
Samples per Report: Feel free to sample the temperature or brightness while you are at it.
From there, choose these simple settings to monitor a door;
Blink When Moved: It's nice to see the qBiq blink when you open the door.
Level: .06g picks up a very slow door open, but not wind or air pressure from the door movement (depending on the door).
Counter Threshold: If it moves even once, report.
Report Delay: Every time you open a door - you usually shut it again. Ergo, most movements will require at least two movements. If you believe you might take longer than ten seconds to make it through the door, give yourself some extra time!
With these settings, you'll get a notification every time someone opens your door.
Every time you give your qBiq a shake, it will update itself.